Expanding out from books and book reviews was always going to happen, so I thought I’d try keeping people up to date with some fandom news and film and TV that I can’t wait for.
It gives us a chance to get to know each other better, after all, we don’t all read books 24/7 as much as we might like to.
- The Maze Runner: Scorch Trails. Of course I’m excited for this, The Maze Runner series by James Dashner is one of my favourite bookseries, and so seeing them in film form is something I’m super excited for *cough* Dylan O’Brien *cough*
- Pan. On visits to the cinema I’ve seen this trailer endless amounts of times, and each time I see it, it seems to get better and better and I absolutely can’t wait to watch it. Plus…Hugh Jackman.
- Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. Now this doesn’t come from a book (as far as I know) but it just seems like it is going to be one of them really silly zombie apocalypse films (Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland) and I really love cheesy zombie apocalypse films and so I hope this can fit in with the greats that have come before it.
- Which leads me nicely onto Zombieland 2. There’s been news about this next instalment and whether it is going to happen, but it has now been confirmed that there is going to be a second Zombieland, and I can not wait. Zombieland is probably one of my favourite let’s-watch-this-to-get-me-out-of-this-slump movies and so I can only hope a second instalment would be just as good.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. (Time to put on the Unpopular Opinion Helmet) Okay well I was never a big fan of the Hunger Games, I just didn’t particularly liked the books, they sort of annoyed me; but saying that, my friend is a huge fan and so I’ve been and watched the previous four movies with her. Because of this, I simply cannot NOT go and watch the final instalment of the movies and just hope that it will make me finally join on the Hunger Games bandwagon.
- Sisters. The main reason I’m excited for this is because Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are absolutely spectacular together and so I cannot wait to watch this movie with the both of them!
- And finally…Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I have slightly mixed feelings about this, I love the original Star Wars (IV, V, VI) but then hated the newer Star Wars (I, II, III) and so I’m unsure whether this new film is going to fall into the love or the hate category. I can only hope it’s love and finally (in my eyes) redeems the series.
Until next time…
Keep reading xox.